“Kalrav – A Step Towards Village” is a five-day rural engagement annual program which started in 2017. Second edition of the program will happen this year again in the villages of Bhadohi (near Varanasi), Uttar Pradesh from 25th December, 2018 to 29th December, 2018. Last year, we had this program in Summer (June-2017) but this year, this program will happen in the winter month (December-2018). This initiative of FARF is to enable this to happen; to bridge the gap between our urban and village society and bring meaningful change in people lives.
We all feel delighted on hearing the word ‘Gaon’ which incorporates within itself the Indian culture and identity. People living in villages satisfactorily within their limited mans can win over anyone with their beautiful smile. Their daily chores and simplicity of life- Neem’s brush, mosambi’s yellow flowers, hammer’s sound from carpenter’s workshop, farmers ploughing in the fields, bent mango tress ; tickles everyone’s heart.
FARF through its child education supports, & rural level work at their few adopted villages, regularly connects with villagers. We all request you to share your thoughts with us and help us in our endeavor of helping people connect with their roots.
FARF has started a program keeping this village tradition in minds named ‘Kalrav’ which literally translated to tweet in English. Its aim is to encourage people to connect with the village life and try to understand its nuances. India lives in villages. This is one of the most common saying we have heard yet there are many among us who have not experienced village life & have various unfounded notions about it.
- 5-days rural engagement program
- Begins on 25th December, 2018 and ends on 29th December, 2018
Eligibility & Criteria
- Program is open for all Indians worldwide. Main selection criteria for this program is to select participants who has passion to understand the village life and have empathy towards challenges and privileges in rural India.
- No age or any other qualification criteria
- Cultural program, Village Choupal, RLLE presentation from students of Xavier School of Rural Management (Bhubaneshwar), Varanasi city one-day trip etc.
- Date wise program will be announced soon who will register for the Kalrav program.
Travel & Accommodation:
- Food, stay, and all other mandatory requirements will be taken care by Kalrav team on request basis
- Participant must reach to Bhadohi or Varanasi on 24th December, 2018
- Pick up and drop facility will be available from Bhadohi or Varanasi on request basis
This program is based on actual cost basis and we expect all participants to bear their actual cost. Based on participant request, we can organize the lodging & boarding facility in Bhadohi district. In case, participant willing to stay in village overnight, FARF team will facilitate too.
or call to Kalrav team [Pradeep Mishra (7236051241); Rishi Mishra (9450253609); Anand Pandey (9845858003)]..